Wednesday, October 17, 2012

My Student Organization


Organization and its Purpose
I attended a Spanish Club meeting. The purpose of the club is pretty self-explanatory: we talk about spanish stuff! I'm interested in languages and so that's why I attended the meeting. 

Day and Time Attended
Tuesday, October 16 at 5:15 and Tuesday, October 2 at 7:15.

Purpose of the Meetings
We talked about spanish culture and the language at both meetings, going over Columbia and eating fried bananas at the most recent meeting. Considering I don't know Spanish very well, it was hard to keep up but it was the alternative to French Club, which never meets.

View of the Organization
I had fun going to these meetings! It was a more informal, relaxed structure. The leaders I like as they very much encourage members to speak in Spanish and participate. 

Joining the Organization
Although the meetings were fun, I don't think I will continue to participate in this club. Although it was fun, I don't really have time to keep up attendance. Classes, friends, working out, it really takes up all of my time and I can't really fit much more in. 

1 comment: