Monday, November 26, 2012

The New Me

Several things have changed about me and my life over the past few months. Even though it has just been a few months, I already feel like I'm beginning to find my true self, as cliched as that might sound. My perspective on the world and on traveling around it has totally changed. Everything just seemed so big and so out of reach for the longest time, but now traveling the world feels less like an impossibility and more within my reach. This change in me was brought on by my classes and study abroad presentations. It's definitely a positive change. 
Since starting college, my attitude and outlook has changed. I'm definitely more positive than I used to be and have also taken complete control of my life. I used to rely too much on other people. Now, I realize that to get things done, I am the one who has to do it. I'm the only one who can make change happen in my life. I think this change was brought on by suddenly living on my own and of course, it is a positive change.
My independence and confidence level has totally changed over the past few months. I've always been quiet, shy, and so painfully awkward. I still am all those things, don't get me wrong here, but I'm learning to care less about what people think about me and more about what I think of myself. This way, I can be only me and not worry about impressing others. What I have to say about myself is more important than what others have to say. This change is a positive one.

2 comments:

  1. first of all, i love the background on your blog page. second of all, I agree, I too feel a lot more comfortable with myself and don't care what people think about me. stay awesome :)

    ReplyDelete